This recipe is from David Yee, General Manager at China Blossom Restaurant & Lounge in Andover. Adding a traditional fall flavor to this classic Chinese dish results in pure pumpkin perfection. These dumplings are easy to whip up on a weeknight and fancy enough to serve at a special event.
Pumpkin Dumpling Ingredients
1. In a small bowl, mix egg and pumpkin puree. Beat in flour, a little at a time, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Add nutmeg and stir to incorporate.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place several tablespoons of the dough on a cutting board and spreading until it is ¼ of an inch thick.
3. Slice ¼-inch-thick and 3-inch-long strips and drop into boiling water. The dumplings will take shape as they hit the water.
4. As the dumplings rise to the surface, cook another minute and then remove from water with a slotted spoon. Place cooked dumplings into a bowl of ice water, then drain.
5. Before serving, sauté dumplings in butter and season with salt and pepper.