National Guacamole Day (September 16) is almost upon us!
Today’s avocado-based recipe comes to us courtesy of Uncle Julio’s, a Mexican restaurant that focuses on taking traditional Mexican dishes and presenting them in new and delightful ways. (Just check out their signature Swirl – frozen margarita mixed with frozen sangria… delicious!)
Now, instead of your boring, typical guacamole, you can create your own version of Uncle Julio’s pineapple-bacon guacamole using the recipe below:
Pineapple Bacon Guacamole
- 1 cup guacamole (check out some simple recipes here)
- 2 tbsp pineapple (diced into ¼” x ¼” pieces)
- 2 tbsp cooked bacon (chopped into ½” x ½” pieces)
- 1/2 tsp diced red bell peppers
- 1 piece green leaf lettuce
- 1 Tbsp cooked bacon (chopped into ½” x ½” pieces)
- 2 tsp queo fresco
- 1 tbsp pineapple (diced into ¼” x ¼” pieces)
- 1 lemon wedge
- Place guacamole in mixing bowl.
- Add pineapple, bacon, and red bell pepper to mixing bowl and fold into guacamole carefully.
- Place a piece of Greenleaf on a small plate for decoration
- Place guacamole on center of plate.
- Sprinkle additional Tbsp of bacon and queso fresco on top of the guacamole
- Place additional Tbsp of diced pineapple on one side of guacamole for taste & aesthetics.
- Place lemon wedge on other side of guacamole. Squeeze the lemon on guacamole before eating.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
And of course, if you’d rather have someone serve you your guacamole instead of making it yourself, stop by Uncle Julio’s anytime (list of locations) on September 16 for all-day food and drink specials in honor of the occasion.
- $2 small guacamole, made in-house with fresh avocados (regular price: $5.39)
- $4 Julio’s Gold Margarita (regular price: $8.29)
- $4 Swirl, a frozen margarita layered with homemade frozen sangria (regular price: $7.99)
- $4 house frozen margaritas (regular price: $7.79)