Red Lantern Restaurant & Lounge will celebrate its two-year anniversary from July 15 to July 28 with a special “From the Vault” menu. In addition to the current fare, the Back Bay Asian-fusion locale will feature highlights chosen from both customers and the Red Lantern crew, as well as a special favorite chosen by Executive Chef Kevin Long, to offer their loyal guests.
Today we are lucky enough to feature three sauce recipes for Red Lantern’s Kung Pao Lamb.
Kung Pao Lamb Base Sauce
- 3 cans hot bean paste
- 1 bottle sriracha
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
Simply combine the ingredients and mix well
Kung Pao Chili Oil
- 15 star anise
- 1-2 tbsp Szechuan peppercorns
- 1 cup fine chili powder
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups of 90/10 oil
- Mix oil, star anise and peppercorns.
- Heat oil till warm. Remove from heat.
- When oil is at room temp, add chili powder.
Kung Pao Mix Sauce
- 4 tsp chicken powder
- 4 tsp white sugar
- 4 tsp oyster sauce
- Pinch salt
- 32 oz water
- 8 tsp shao xing cooking wine
- Mix first 4 ingredients to form a paste.
- Add water and wine and mix till dissolved.