Baking is something I’ve always enjoyed and can be therapeutic. The passion stemmed from Betty Crocker packages and blossomed into experimenting with different recipes and ingredients. It’s a recipe my mom taught me and one that I love because cakes, cookies, pastries can be found almost everywhere. This on the other hand was more unique and special. It’s tasty without being too sweet and is much healthier than most baked goods. The Indonesian Layered Pudding is probably different to anything else you’ve tasted before.
Indonesian Layered Pudding
- 500g Tapioca Starch
- 230g Rice Flour
- 600g Sugar
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 4-6 drops of Pandan Paste
- 800ml Water
- In a bowl, mix tapioca starch and rice flour together
- Add coconut milk and water to the mixture. Mix well
- Divide the paste in half and place in separate bowls
- Add pandan paste into one of the bowls and mix well.
- Take the white paste and carefully create your first layer in a heat-proof plastic container. Do not use glass containers.
- Steam for 6-7 minutes over the stove
- Carefully add the green paste on top of the first layer. Steam for another 6-7 minutes
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until container is full. Traditionally, there are 9 layers. Alternate the paste.
- Once the last layer is cooked, let it cool.
*Tip: Do not put in refrigerator, as the texture will become too moist. Keep in a sealed container