This recipe comes from Brasserie JO’s Executive Chef Nicholas Calias who knows a thing or deux about the French way of cooking and eating.
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- .5 bottle White Wine
- .5 each Onion
- 1 Julienne Red Pepper
- 1 oz. Turmeric
- 1 oz. Garlic
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 oz. Saffron
- 2 oz. Olives
- 2 oz. Lemon Juice
- 2 Fresh Lemons
- 1 oz. Parsley
- 1 oz. Cumin
- Flour as needed
- Season chicken with cumin, turmeric, a little bit of oil, fresh lemons, salt and pepper and let rest for one hour.
- Dredge in flour and sear
- Add onions, garlic, saffron, peppers.
- Deglaze with wine and lemon
- Add chicken stock and braise.
- When chicken is tender add olives and parsley.
- 2 oz. Diced Red Onion
- 2 oz. Diced Red Pepper
- 2 oz. Chopped Parsley, Cilantro
- 4 oz. Couscous
- Chicken Stock as needed
- Sauté vegetables, add herbs and set aside.
- Boil Chicken Stock; pour over couscous and cover.
- Allow to steam until tender.
- Fluff couscous, add vegetable mix, oil, salt & pepper, toasted almonds.
Asparagus in Filo
- Wrap blanched asparagus in strips of filo
- Coat in butter and top with chopped almonds
- Bake at 350 degrees until filo is golden.