This summer, Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse will debut its homemade booze-infused semi-frozen Granita, perfect to enjoy on a hot summer afternoon, like the ones we’ve been seeing in Boston lately. The new take on the Sicilian classic, created by Master Pastry Chef Tom Ponticelli, combines fruity flavors with perfectly paired spirits for a refreshing aperitif. Flavors include Espresso with Chocolate Liqueur, Passion Fruit with Grand Marnier as well as Prickly Pear with Tequila and Lime! They are available for $4 through the end of August.
To celebrate the new line of boozy treats, Davio’s shared one of its recipes with Blast Food.
Davio’s Limoncello Granita
- 1 qt Water
- 6 oz Fresh Lemon Verbena Leaves
- Lemon Zest
- 2 oz Sugar
- 2oz Limoncello
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
- In a medium size pot, steep water, sugar, lemon verbena.
- Bring to boil and let steep for 20 min. Wisk in Limoncello and lemon juice.
- Combine and our ingredients into metal 2-inch hotel pan and place in freezer. Use a dinner fork to scrape any ice crystals that have formed on the side or bottom of the pan.
- Return to freezer and repeat scraping every 20 to 30 minutes for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once mixture is thoroughly frozen, fluff with a fork and allow flakes to “dry” in freezer another half hour before serving.
When served, the granita should look like a fluffy pile.